Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Last Week in the MTC!!

Querido Everyone!

This week has been great!  I said in one of my first emails that I knew this is where I was supposed to be, but I was mostly just saying that to reassure mom, however I am being completely honest now when I say that I know I am supposed to be here!  This last week and a half and been filled with so many fun, marvelous, and spiritual things.  I love the MTC, but am SO excited to leave for Costa Rica in 4 days.

That's so cool that you got to see President Monson Dad, mom, etc.  Every week my companions always joke that the prophet is going to speak for devotional, but he never did.  Instead you guys got to hear and meet him!  
Talmage went on a date!?  Woohoo.  Did you take any pictures?  If so please email them to me!  Have you seen the new baby pictures of Celias baby?  They are so cute!  I'm so excited for them!

So I leave the MTC at 4:30am Monday.  Our flight leaves SLC at 8:25 and then we have a lay over in Dallas from 12:00 pm to 4:10 pm.  (Is dallas the same time as provo?) We are scheduled to arrive in San Jose at 7:10 pm on Monday!  I'm so excited!  I will be able to call, and they should have pay phones at the airport so don't worry.  I'll try first in the morning between 6ish and 8.  Hopefully I'll be able to talk to you then, but if not I'll try calling again between my lay overs.  I'm so excited!

Celia just made me a blog this week actually! It's at camileeincostarica.blogspot.com.  And Liz said she'd update my facebook :) That would be cool to see Jason or the Pattens, I guess we'll see what happens.  That's so cool that Brett is going, He's going to love it.  I know I do!

Thank you for your package mom!  I love the shirt and necklace.  Also I got some brownies and pumpkin cookies this week, but there wasn't a note.  Were they from you?  They were delicious! Also I have to ask for one more thing this week.  My watch is already wearing out :(  it was a ten dollar one from target.  My companion got a 30 dollar TIMEX watch and it looks like it's goign to last.  I know they sold thouse at target to.  Do you mind sending me one?  Thank you for the chocolate!  Grandma sent me a sweet package to with some stories/quote, cute earrings, and money.  Thank you grandma!

For the 4 of July all the missionaries get to watch the fireworks!  I'm super excited, that will be fun.  We are also having a special devotional for the holiday as well.

Okay, now onto what happened this week:

Really not that much to be honest, just class, teaching investigators, and devotionals.  But they have all been great.  We received two new districts in our zone last Wednesday, so it has been fun getting to know them. The sisters are so sweet and elders really obedient.  We taught our last lessons to one of our investigators, Jose Luis, and had to say goodbye, which was sad.  Then two days later or so we saw him walking around.  He's really a teacher named Brother Matagi.  it was kinda surprising because we figured he was an actual member, but I didn't know he was a teacher!  He never spoke a single word of english to us and couldn't understand us when we spoke english.  All our other investigators have added an english word were or there to help us.  we also taught a lesson over skype to a member in Mexico.  That was cool, if a little awkward because usually the members just talk to us for twenty minutes and then we give a short ten minute lesson, but she, Laticia, didn't talk much.  On Thursday we invited Mercedes to be baptized again.  The Spirit was really powerful in our lesson and she ended up saying that she really wanted to, but needed to talk to her mom first.  i'm going to miss Mercedes when we leave!

Tuesday's devotional was really great, a former seventy Lowell Snow spoke.  Also mom, have you ever seen the lesson on teaching by Elder Holland?  It's really good you should watch it online if you can since you are a teacher! :)  Also on Sunday the speaker showed us a bunch of  the old Home Front videos that the church used to put out.  They were pretty cheesy, but still cute.  You should look them up on youtube!

Because it's our last week here we've decided that we can't say a single english word in class.  For every word we say we have to do 3 push ups. Yesterday I said 15 so now I have to do 45! (They will definitely be girl push ups today).  For anyone that's following the World Cup:  Costa Rica is totally going to win it!  

I love my companions so much, and I really hope that I get to be with them again during my mission, or at least in the same zone.  They are such great girls!

I saw brother and sister Loveless yesterday, thanks for the hug mom!  Also I got to see Ellie for a minute yesterday because she was working the grounds.  It was great! 

I love you all!  And reminder: These are my last four days at the MTC so if you want to send me any packages....wink wink. Also if you send letters do it soon so I get them by Saturday!  Thank you for your support everyone!  

Hermana Bratt


One of their two MTC teachers - Hermana Bosa




Hermana Brätt saw Ellie!

New Hermanas in the Zone!



No comments:

Post a Comment