Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week 28

Dear Family,

There's only 2 weeks left until transfers!  I don't want to leave Turrialba, it is going to be hard!  However, I'm not going to lie that I'd like to see other parts of Costa Rica.

Yesterday we were cleaning our apartment and found a hidden door!  It was behind my dresser and although I've been here 6 months I didn't know it existed! It leads to Narnia!  (A little patio behind our house).

We have an investigator that received the missionaries about 15 years ago. At this time Alfonso was drunk a lot and had dreams about Joseph Smith and in them people chased him saying "Joseph Smith is the perfect tool of Satan".  However yesterday he told us that he had a dream and a man in a white shirt and tie told him that he needs to go to church and not spend Sunday in the mountains (as he usually does), and there was also a wedding in the dream. He told us this dream as we were passing his house, so Thursday we are going to visit him again.  Let's hope he follows the advise in the dream!  He' has to be married before he can be baptized. 

 We've been having trouble helping investigators attend church any advice?

This week I have been feeling a little weird, but a good kind of weird.  I've felt humbled.  My personal study has really helped me.    I've been re-passing over my study notes of Captain Moroni and how amazing of a leader he was.  I also read Ether 12 this week, under direction of my zone leaders.   Wow.  I don't know how to describe it, but I've had something like butterflies in my stomach all week. 

One verse I've been thinking a lot on is Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

It's amazing how you can think you have a lot of faith or are pretty humble and then through experiences, scripture sturdy, etc you realize that you are missing a ton!

I love my mission!!  And am so happy to be a missionary!

Hermana Bratt

Our Secret Door

Us On a Bus

No comments:

Post a Comment