Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Rain, Floods, and Transfers

Dear Family,

Well first things first, this last friday we came home to our apartment after a very rainy day to find a good inch of water had entered our house!!!!!!!! In other words, we had a FLOOD.  All of my books were soaked including a lot of my clothes. Our neighbors helped us for a good hour soak up all the water with towels, wring the towels out, and then soak up more water. It was an adventure!
 
This week started the rainy season in Nicoya, it's been rainy a lot and there are now a lot of mosquitoes, but it was helping to prepare me for my new home...that's right, I had transfers today!  I am now in Guapiles, Limon which is on the other side of the country. My companion, Hna Miriel is going to train!!!!!  I was super sad to leave NIcoya, I love the branch and the members, but I'm ready to work hard here in my new area.  My new companion is a gringa.  Hermana Gucake from California (I think she's Polynesian though).  She seems really nice and friendly, she has only three months left in her mission.  I just arrived to my new area, so I can't say much about it, just that it's really green and it's in the city.

Last week during divisions my companion was able to put a baptism date with a teenager, Vanessa.  Her mom is a less active.  She came to church Sunday and we are hoping that she is going to be baptized at the end of this month.  I got news that one of the investigators I started teaching in Turrialba,  Yorleni, is going to get married and be baptized!  That was super exciting!

We have been finding SO many less actives than their part member families.  It's as if the Lord is hastening is work and bringing back those that have strayed from the path, because these last few weeks we have probably found ten less actives.  Many of them want to reactivate!!!!

I straightened my hair for the first time yesterday in one year, but as soon as I left the house it became curly again from the humidity. BAD IDEA!

Love you all!  Yes mom I received your package.  THANK YOU!!!!  I received some packages from Grandma too.  Thanks grandma!  I have been enjoying the chocolate and church news!

Love you love you love you. LES QUIERO!

In the next transfer the mission is going to be divided!

Hermana Bratt

My District in Nicoya and Santa Cruz

Foot tan from my leather shoes

Katalina

Me and my companion

Me with Hermana Samayoa

My New Companion

No comments:

Post a Comment