Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 17? I Need to Have Better Title Than This.

Dear Family,

Today we went to the president's home for P-day.  It was my companions "Cheque de Mez". When we were on our way back a car in front of us got in an accident and so we had to wait for forever!  We were in the bus for four hours, and definitely stir crazy by the time we arrived in Turrialba!  I don't have much time as P-day ended 40 minutes ago, but here's a quick update:

About two weeks ago my companion and I contacted almost all of the less actives in a part of our area.  We were kind of discouraged when we only found one person of about15 houses willing to let us in.  However on Friday we were trying to find the house of an LPE in the same area when we took a wrong turn.  When we were about to retrace our steps a woman shouted something like: "Hey don't be afraid, you can pass us. We aren't bad"   We turned back and started talking to her and the group of people she was with.  They were drinking beer and I wasn't exactly thrilled to be talking to them, but my companion started  up a conversation.  It turns out that this woman, Keren, is a less active of eight years and that she's not in our ward directory because before she lived in San Jose.  She was drinking beer but my companion said very directly "You can change, you need to come to church, you shouldn't be drinking beer."  And Keren agreed with my companion and accepted us into her home.  Though she hasn't been to church in eight years she told us that she is ready to change her life around and fix it up a bit.  She also has two daughters, one of which is really interested in our message.  It was definitely a miracle!

I love my companion!  She's growing a lot and we are having a lot of great experiences together.  I don't want the next transfer to come!

Gretel was baptized Sunday!  But Alejandro arrived too late to be confirmed.  He's also having problems because his brother is against us and is trying to confuse him.  He doesn't want to return to church, but we have faith.

If the whole mission has 200 baptisms this month they are going to split the mission next year!  Yay!

Love you all, thank you for all your emails I received a ton, but don't have time to respond this week.

Les Quiero
Hermana Bratt.

No comments:

Post a Comment