Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Week 20!

Dear Family,

Well, from now on my emails are going to be on Tusedays!  My mission president changed the day on us and now P-days end at 5.  It's a little weird, but not to bad of a difference.  We have a little more free time now Monday as we don't have to write our families.

This week, through a little bit of peer pressure from my district leader, I gave a talk in sacrament meeting!   I only had two days to prepare, two days full of missionary work, but luckily my companion helped me translate it correctly from English to Spanish.  Ahh, it was a little bit nerve wracking, but I think we are seeing a couple fruits from it, as one member wants us to go visit a less active with her that we've never met.

We had to go to San Jose two days this week, one day fore a multizone conference and another day to get my companions cedula.  Both days we returned home with out any time to do missionary work.  Thus, a ton of low numbers for this week , well all of our numbers plummeted. Though we can't use our days in San Jose as a complete excuse.  But we are determined to change things around this week.  

Tuesday we woke up at 3:00 am.  We had plans to travel 45 mins in bus to a member's house to do service.  Our district leader told us we had to wake up at 3 am in order to have our 4 hours of study first.  Around 6 am he texted us to ask what time we woke up.  We said 3 and then he told us "Sorry!  I was kidding when I said you had to wake up at 3, I forgot to tell you."  Ai!  Elderes!  Fortunately I didn't get mad, just shook my head, not surprised.  Our district leader likes to joke a lot.

We were planning on tiling a building for service, but in the end we just ended up washing chairs.  I was a bit disappointed.  I miss doing construction in Mexico! Dad you'll have to tell everyone "hi" for me there.  The next December save room for me please!  :)

We had a baptism this Sunday!  The mom of Gretel, Melba,  was baptized, she was so sweet and happy to be baptized.  Although Gretel didn't come to church which was weird.  She told us she'd explain why later.  I think she's having problems with her husband.  Alejandro wasn't confirmed, but we are still trying!  His brother is trying to confuse him a ton. Alejandro wants us to preach to his entire street using a microphone! He also doesn't want any members to visit him, only us.  It's a bit difficult.  Raquel and her children are practically begging in the streets now.  It's a little bit sad.  We want to help them, but's there's not anything we can do.  I feel bad for her daughters mostly, they are already taking after their mom's example.  Parent's have such a big responsibility to teach their children the right ways!   Thank you Mom and Dad for the amazing example you have always been to me!

Hermana Samayoa loves to laugh, she just laughs and laughs and laughs.  Though sometimes I have no idea why she's laughing it helps keep the stress down, which is nice!

In 3 days I'll have 6 months in the mission!  CRAZY.

Les quiero, les quiero, les quiero!

Hermana Bratt

Melba's Baptism

Me With an Avocado

No comments:

Post a Comment