Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 11!

Dear Everyone,

We have electricity!  Yay!  Our last P-day a member dropped us off at our house and knew that we didn't have electricity and so took a look at our power line.  It turns out that we had had power for three days and didn't know about it.  All we had to do is flip a switch.  Ahh, I had forgotten how nice it is to have warm showers!

I only have one week until transfer, which here are called changes.  I'm almost done with my training! Yay!  My companion thinks i'll be a trainer, but that's what everyone tells the newbies.  It's rare for a missionary who only has 3 months to train, but it does happen.  I guess we'll see in a week!  Which reminds me, next Monday is transfers, so if you don't hear from me until late in the day don't worry!

Alejandro wasn't baptized this week.  My companion and I are kind of confused with his whole situation.  Saturday we visited him and he started talking about how Raquel has bad spirits in her and he needs us, who have authority, to pray with him and his brothers for the spirits to leave her.  We tried to explain what authority means and the lesson ended with him giving us his Book of Mormon and saying that he didn't believe in it.  It was sad, I wanted to cry but didn't. Yesterday Raquel came to church, but not Alejandro.  We visited them both afterwards however, and Alejandro apologized for what happened.  He and Raquel are also back together.  I saw him and Raquel hug yesterday and it was really weird for me, as I hadn't seen them be affectionate towards each other before.  We are planning for Raquel to be baptized the 5th of October, but we aren't sure about Alejandro yet.

Hopefully we will have a baptism this Sunday!  Jazmin is living the Word of Wisdom and not drinking coffee which is really hard for her.  Yay!  I'm so happy. She's a investigadora de oro!  

We had another baptism scheduled for yesterday, but the investigator and his girl

friend who is a recent convert aren't living the law of chastity.  That was a pretty sad day.

We've been teaching a family that we contacted in July.  There names are Kevin and Ali.  They have a lot of problems but really want to follow Christ.  On Saturday we hiked to Kevin's work and had lunch with him and Ali.  It was a beautiful hike/walk.  I felt like I was in a rain forest...minus the paved road and the cars :)  We also saw a real live stick bug!  The kind that's in bugs life.  (I don't know what it's really called).  It was really big and Kevin said it was harmless so I held it for a little bit and it climed up my arms.  Sadly I didn't have my camera so I don't have pictures.  May be one day I can get the pictures off of Kevin's phone.

This week we had 30 lessons! (Which has been our goal for forever)  I'm pretty happy, but not satisfied.  We can always do better!  I'm so grateful for the chance to be a missionary.  Please pray for me that I'll be able to always be exactly obedient and successful!

Alma 26:

 10 And it came to pass that when Ammon had said these words, his brother Aaron rebuked him, saying: Ammon, I fear that thy joy doth carry thee away unto boasting.
 11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
I too want to boast of my God! Our life and our religion is amazing!
Hermana Bratt

Us with Debbie, a member on her birthday


Me calling home from the airport. I promise that skirt
has purple in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment