Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 12!

Dear Everyone,

We had transfers today and guess what!!!  I'm going to be a trainer!  AHH!!!!  I'm pretty scared. I don't know who my new companion will be.  She'll probably be a latina, but we don't find out until Wednesday.  Until then Hna. Muñoz and I we'll be together still.  Hna Muñoz is going to be a trainer again too and open a new area.  I'm excited for her!

I feel like my Spanish hasn't gotten any better for awhile, but from what I hear that's normal.  Usually there are a few months where the missionaries don't see progress and then it escalates really quickly, so I'm waiting and hoping for that!

There are a lot of problems with are investigators right now and when Hna Muñoz leaves I'm going to be the one that gets to straighten them all out.  I'll definitely be praying a lot more the coming weeks.

Tender Mercies of the Lord:
1. We cleaned our house
2. I bought Peanut Butter :)
3. I have at least 3 more months here in Turrialba!
4.  Hna Muñoz got more instrumental church music.  It's been nice listening to new tunes.  (We have a CD player if you ever want to send some...nudge nudge.)

Sad Things:
1.  Jazmin's baptism fell through.  She says she's not ready and doesn't want another baptism date.
2. We visited former investigators, Martin and Clara.  They showed real desire at first to learn and to know if what we were preaching was true.  But they still aren't interested, despite the fact that every time we teach them we feel the Spirit!
3. Rosa's aunt and brother both died in the same week.  

Happy Things:
1. Mainor and Maria are two investigators that won't accept a baptism date but that are reading the Book of Mormon.  We taught them a lesson about God's Plan this week and we felt the Spirit really strongly!  Also we had a Noche de Hogar with another family and the Dad is a convert of one year and was able to clear a lot of their doubts about the Book of Mormon.  
2.  We were out walking when a huge rain storm started. We tried to wait it out in two investigators houses, but the rain was so loud they could hear us calling from outside.  In the end we had to walk about ten minutes to the house of Martin and Clara.  The rain was so much our dirt path became a river (Okay, don't freak out mom it was really just a stream :) )

and we had to wade through it. We were soaked, but it was really fun.

Other than that I don't have much more to say.  Only that I'm still happy and working hard, trying to focus on this scripture in Jacob 1:19

And we did magnify our office unto the Lord, taking upon usthe responsibilityanswering the sins of the people upon our ownheads if we did not teach them the word of God with all diligence;wherefore, by laboring with our might their blood might not comeupon our garments; otherwise their blood would come upon ourgarments, and we would not be found spotless athe last day.

Les Quiero!
Hermana Bratt

Parte de nuestro distrito y Rosa



Maria y Jazmin, Hijas de Raquel

No comments:

Post a Comment