Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Week 22

Dear Family,

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!  Thank you for all remembering (Even if  mom reminded you first) ;)  Hehe.

These last two weeks we've seen a lot of miracles.  I told you early how I gave a talk in church and that later a member came up to us wanting to introducing a less active to us.  Well she went with us last week and while the less active brother didn't seem very enthusiastic to come to church his aunt and cousin that live with him, Marjorie and Britani did!  They've already come to church once and endured the three hours of meetings, even though Marjori felt awful and had to be rushed to the hospital afterwards. This last Sunday they missed the bus and walked to church in the pouring rain, however they were so soaked that returned home before the meetings started.They are going to be baptized the 21st of December.  They are so excited!  

Another small miracle is that we gain the permission of the mom of one of our investigators to baptize her son Axel.  When we first came to her house she was very guarded and didn't want us to teach her, but now we visit her three time a week and teach her boyfriend as well!

We didn't have a phone all this week as I left ours on the bus.  Two days later I left my brand new 20 dollar umbrella on the bus too!  Then yesterday my companion's umbrella was stolen while we were teaching a lesson.  Luckily it's the only thing that's been stolen of ours here.

Yesterday we had transfers...but I'm still here in Turrialba.  I was a little bummed at first, I love Turrialba but was ready for a change.  However, I know this is where I need to be.  I'm happy that I'll be here for Christmas!  I forgot to tell you but I forgot it was Thanksgiving the day of Thanksgiving until around 6 o clock when Rosa and her daughter gave us rotisserie chicken, sparkling grape juice, and mashed potatoes for dinner.  I felt so special, especially since I'd forgotten and they hadn't, even though they don't celebrate Thanksgiving here.

Yesterday we put up the Christmas tree you all sent along with some lights we bought.  It's so cute/awesome, thank you!  I love it!

Hermana Cook is a sister training leader!  Woot!  She's going to bless soooo many lives.  

I have at least two more months here in Turrialba, and I'm determined more than ever to leave it a much stronger ward.  There are a lot of members that don't fulfill there callings or are only more or less active.  They don't support the activities or service projects either, but we already have plans about how we are going to help.

Yesterday we went to the Mission President's house as a zone to eat breakfast as a reward for meeting our baptism goal. Our district leader told us the wrong time to arrive so we got there an hour and a half early, but it was fun helping make chocolate chip pancakes with Hermana Wilkinson.

Thank you for sending me dad's blessing, It's so amazing! It was weird talking to mom and dad last Friday.  I felt so awkward, I didn't feel that I'd changed to be that awkward missionary yet, but I guess I have.  I couldn't figure out how to greet them.

I'm so happy to be a missionary!   I know that this work is so important.  Please do all you can to contribute in the missionary work where you are!

Les Quiero,

Hermana Bratt

Our Trip Last Week to Tapanti






Me Making Eggs at the Mission Home

Our Christmas Tree


No comments:

Post a Comment