Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Feliz Año Nuevo!

Dear Family,

It was so fun to talk to everyone this week!  Hope you had a great Christmas.

This week we had three baptisms planned but two fell through, Maryori and Britany.  Maryori read things on the internet about the church and so told us that she didn't want anything more to do with the church, however that's not the only reason.  Maryori understands everything that we say but is a little unsettled in her mind and so sometimes freaks out about something little and interprets it wrong.  She said she doesn't want us to teach her more, but I still have hope that she'll change her mind because she's said that before to us and the next day we were still teaching her.  She and her daughter are really great people, but need some extra love!

I lost our cell phone again!  That's 2 in three weeks.  Although technically it was stolen.  I somehow left it on the bus, although I checked when we were getting off to make sure I hadn't left anything.  Two minutes I realized I didn't have our phone.  We returned right away but it was already gone.  I have no idea how though because we were the second to last to get off and the man behind us gave a phone to a other boy that had left his.  I miss Utah in this respect because so many people that don't have the gospel are dishonest and lie to us. Bleh.  

We traveled to San Jose this week because the office said I had a package, but when we went it was the same package of Tiffany's that I had already picked up the week before.  6 mil colones for nothing!  I received a package from Grandma. Thank you!!!!

Today Hna Samayoa and I taught district meeting, I don't know how well we did, but I definitely learned something for myself while I was teaching!

Thank you for the Christmas presents!  My companion loved her gifts and I, of course, loved mine.  We woke up early Christmas morning to open them.  The 24th we ate with Elio and Paty and with the 2nd counselor in the bishopric and his family.  It was super yummy.  The 25th we didn't do much more than try to find people to teach because no one was at home.

Feliz Año Nuevo!

Hermana Bratt

Christmas Morning

My New Outfit. Thanks Mom!

Baptism of Diana With Her Family

Christmas Weather in Costa Rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment