Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Busy, Busy, Busy

Dear Family,
Well, first things first: Jerson and José weren't baptized.  They looked so promising but afterwards we could never get a hold of them.  It was a bit sad :(  I think Jerson started feeling a little bit pressured, and so we've decided to wait for a week or two and then start again.  Hopefully he can be baptized some day soon!
Other things to say, hmm.  Well my new companion is super sweet and I've very greatful to have the opportunity to train her.  It's kind of funny, because she copies EVERYTHING I do.  I have to be super careful that I don't do anything wrong, because she copies it all.  I think it's just because she's new and doesn't know what to do yet.
Tomorrow we are going to San Jose at 3 am so that I can be in a leadership meeting with the other STL (sister training leaders) and zone leaders and President Wilkinson.
These last two transfers it has been super dificult to get people to attend church, but we've talked to our zone leaders and have a few ideas of what we can do better.  Pray that we can have a lot of investigators attend conference!
This week I "hosted" (I don't know what other word to use) my first divisions/splits.  It was with Hna Guit from Guatemala.  I'm not sure yet exactly what i am supposed to do as STL, but one thing is that I have to go on splits with a different hermana every week. It will be nice to learn from all of them! 
As a STL I have to call the hermanas in my zone each night for their daily numbers, and Sundays for weekly numbers.  I'm basically responsable for them and if they are disobedient or not having success I'm here to help them.  It's been hard finding time to do things.  Every second I'm on the phone, trying to explain something to my companion that she doesn't understand, in a lesson, etc.  The Lord's work is a busy work!

Yesterday we and a great lesson with an investigator, Paola.  She is a single mother with 3 children under the age of 4.  She is really special, but hasn't wanted to come to church because her children are really noisy.  But our goal is that she can be baptized the 25 of April. 
We also are teaching a YM, Justin.  He is 19 and we've only taught about the restauration but he seems really intersted.  We have a goal of 4 baptisms for the month of April.
That's about all I can think of, thank you grandma for the monthly packages!  Happy late birthday Dad and happy birthday Grandma Bratt!  Love you all!  And tell everyone hi from me when you go to Mexico.
Les Quiero!
Hermana Bratt



They split our zone, we are now Zona San Roque!



No comments:

Post a Comment