Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Growing Up in Nicoya

Dear Family,

First things first, Britani and Maryori were baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (My old investigators from Turrialba).  I don't know the details but Hna Samayoa sent me a picture that I'll forward to you all.  I am super super happy.  I only wish I could have been there to support them and experience this amazing change with them.

As for things here in Nicoya, well this week I've felt like I've finally started growing up.  President Wilkinson came for a zone conference.  I was on the front row in the middle, and felt the Spirit so strongly the full 3 hours.  I can't believe I only have 9 months left.  This can't be happening.  I have so many things to do still! 

Hermana Wilkinson told us that we have to start visiting old investigators and asking them to return their Books of Mormon.  If they don't want to return them they'll need to accept us back into their homes.  She said, quoting the Are presidency,that "The Lord has prepared SOMEONE to have that book."

It has been a little hard getting a long with my companion, but this week has been a lot better and we are working a lot better together, which I know helps us a ton, because it's been hard to feel the spirit in our lessons.  

We've started serving the members this week a lot in order to gain their confidence and trust more.  Slowly but surely we've started receiving a few referrals.  

We found a few new investigators this week and they accepted baptisms dates.  They even looked really promising, but already problems have come up.  We don't have anyone that is ready to be baptized, but I know we are going to see miracles.  We just have to work harder and be more obedient.

This week we have a multizone conference with Elder Alonso, so right now we are in San Jose.  We are going to sleep over at the Hermanas house so that we can go to the conference tomorrow morning.  Today we went to Price Smart which is like Costco but with a different name.  I bought Honey Nut Bunches of Oats.  YUMMY.

I don't have much time today and this computer is AWFUL.  I can't type fast.  The computer screen is above my head!  But thank you EVERYONE who emailed me or has written me these past months.  I just received some more Christmas and Happy Birthday cards.  If I don't respond to your emails today I will next P-day!

XOXOXOXOXO

Hermana Bratt


Honey Bunches of Oats!!!

Eating at Taco Bell 

No comments:

Post a Comment